CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Back to Reality

We had such a great mini-vacation! We went to Houston, swam at the hotel, ate out, and went to the Natural Science Museum, NASA, and the zoo. We needed that time away so much. Honestly, I didn't realize how stressed I'd become until we actually went on our trip. Stress from work, college, and church had piled up until I was a basket case. Taking a few days off was just what I needed.


Then we came home and were catapulted back into reality. This week is going to be non-stop, filled with meetings, tests, work, school, and my youngest son's first tee ball game. (Does anyone know why on earth anyone would schedule a tee ball game at 8 a.m. on a Saturday? Does 8 a.m. even exist on a Saturday? At least we'll get a head start on the day's work.) And we lost an hour of sleep last night, which I didn't realize until I looked at the clock and saw that it was 11:15, which meant it was actually 12:15…I think I'm still on vacation time.

So today I've spent my afternoon attending a funeral, eating lunch in the car on the way there, and now it's time to study for Tuesday's test, wrap up work on a major project, and plan my menu and shopping list for next week so I can get groceries in the morning before my meetings at 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m., my 3:30 anatomy and physiology class, and working from 5 to 8 p.m. Vacation was great…when can I have another one?

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails