CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

No More Excuses

I found this today and love it...


It's a perfect picture of my thougts lately.  This week, I've really been trying to push myself.  I have a 5k coming up in just a few weeks, which is a BIG motivator.  And to be honest, I got tired of making excuses for why I don't have time to work out hard.  I need to push myself more than ever.  With my stress levels at an all time high, I need to get rid of a lot of stress or one day, I'm going to snap. 

Sunday I put in my best run ever - running more than walking for the first time - and yesterday I did a boot camp class at work.  I want to get in two more runs this week, tomorrow and Saturday.  Hopefully boot camp will become a regular feature at our gym, because I LOVED it, but if not, I'm going to put together my own at-home version of it.  I've tried our Zumba classes at our gym, and while they're fun, I'm not a dancer - I have no rhythm at all.  Boot camp doesn't require coordination or rhythm.  I can't shimmy or cha-cha, but I can do jumping jacks and kickboxing.

Fitness and healthy eating are going to have to be priorities for me.  Its worth the time because it will give me an edge.  If I'm fit and healthy, I'm less likely to get sick, and I'm more likely to have the energy I need to get through my crazy days.  I can't take care of everything and everyone I need to take care of if I don't take care of myself, too.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails