CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Not Quite According to Plan...

I've been so excited about Christmas break.  I have so much I want to accomplish over this month-long break - books to read, projects to work on, cleaning and organizing to do.  I was ready to hit the ground running Thursday, my first day with no classes.  It started out okay, although I had a busy end of the week last week.

Then this week happened.  My week so far...
  • I cooked for a church dinner.
  • I almost destroyed my cake for the church dinner.
  • I went to church.
  • I got sick.
  • I slept in.
  • I went to work.
  • My washing machine broke.
  • I got sicker.
  • The dog puked on my pillow.
  • I sat in the puke on my pillow.
  • My house is a mess.
  • My presents aren't wrapped.
  • The boys are fighting.
  • I yelled at the boys.
  • The toilet overflowed.
  • ...Merry Christmas - where's my Grinch hat?
Thank goodness for God's grace, even when I'm exhausted and nothing is going according to plan!  One day, hopefully soon, I'll look back on the week before Christmas 2011 and laugh...

1 comments:

Stephanie Doyle said...

What a week! Hang in there, sending lots of prayers. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails