This recipe is a great one to pull out for special occassions! It makes a really nice dinner, and its delicious. The original recipe came from a Paula Deen magazine, but I've tweaked it and made some adjustments to suit my family's taste better, and this is the result. I hope you enjoy it as much as do.
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 (8 oz) package sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup milk
• 1 (3 oz) package cream cheese
• 3/4 cup shredded fontina cheese
• Sliced Swiss cheese
• 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
• Savory crepes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease 2 13x9 inch baking dishes.
2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add mushrooms, onion, and garlic and cook until tender.
3. Stir in flour, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir in broth and milk; bring to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add cream cheese and fontina cheese, stirring until melted; stir in chicken.
6. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture down center one-third of each crepe; fold edges and place, seam side up, in prepared baking dish.
7. Top with Swiss cheese.
8. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crepes are hot.
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/4 cups milk
• 1 large egg
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 teaspoon butter, melted
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
2. In another medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg, egg yolk, and butter.
3. Gradually add flour mixture to milk mixture, whisking until smooth.
4. Heat an 8-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Spoon 2 1/2 tablespoons of batter into skillet; cook for 30 to 45 seconds; transfer to plate.
6. Repeat procedure with remaining batter, stacking crepes on a plate.