CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 7, 2010

Five Question Fridays - Winning and Losing




1. What is your worst memory of your siblings?
I'm an only child. :(

2. What was YOUR naughtiest childhood memory? (Must be something YOU did, no pawning it off on someone else!)
Oooh, this is a good one...this actually happened in high school, but it's so funny...

First, let's establish the fact that I was a goody-two-shoes.  Big time.  Straight A student, never in trouble, always the good girl.  You kind of have to know that to get why this is so funny. 

I was in my 10th grade biology class.  We had a class pet - a corn snake (named Jake, by the way - you don't need that random piece of information, just thought I'd throw it in here).  There were four us who sat near Jake's enclosure - me, Mindy, Charmaine, and a guy whose name I can't remember. 
On this particular day, we were supposed to be reading, but since we were kind of hidden behind Jake's terrarium thingy, we weren't.  Well, I was, since I was a goody-two-shoes, but the others weren't.  Charmaine was napping, Mindy was goofing around, and the guy was messing with this rubber snake he's brought to class.  Suddenly, inspiration struck.  I turned around and whispered to him to hand me the snake.  He asked why, I said, "Just hand it here."  I passed the snake to Mindy and said, "Put it on Charmaine's desk."

Charmaine hated snakes.  She hated sitting next to Jake.  So as Charmaine slept, Mindy slipped the rubber snake onto her desk.  All was quiet for about 5 minutes...then Charmaine woke up.  Charmaine was a very tall girl, and since our high school was expanding, we were having class in a "mobile classroom" - here in the south, we call it a trailer.  So when tall Charmaine who hated snakes woke up and saw one her desk, she immediately screamed and started jumping up and down, causing the trailer to shake and nearly giving our teacher a heart attack.

I thought he would just about kill us...but when he found out I had masterminded the whole thing, he started laughing and said it was about time I came out of my shell a little bit.  Charmaine forgave me (we're Facebook friends now - lol!).  It was really, really funny.

3. Where do you like to go to relax?
The bookstore...Starbucks...the track (to run)...or the park...the barn...the spa (ha! In my dreams) or when all else fails I lock myself in the bathroom with a book. :P
4. What was the last thing you won?
I went a women's conference a while back and won a really nice gift basket with a Third Day CD (one of my favorite groups!), a devotional book, lots of gift certificates for area restaurants, a t-shirt, and lots of other goodies.  I never win - I was shocked when they called my name!

5. If you could be on a game show, which would you choose?
Oooh, that's a hard one...I'm not much of a game show person...maybe Deal or No Deal?


4 comments:

Candice said...

Wow, you must've been a good kid! As for me, I stole a car...oops!! LOL

Believe or not, I straightened up and ended up gradulating first in my class. But Middle School, that was fun. Ha!

Jennifer said...

I was a goody two-shoes too {check out my post} but the funny thing is your naughty prank was played on me when I was in High School. I hate snakes...ugh! Some mean girls put plastic ones in my locker.

Lisa said...

I can only see question 5 for some reason...
I would love Deal or No Deal, too! Although I am bad about making decisions on an impulse when it comes to money!

Dawna said...

I found you and your blog through the Product Review Place. I love it and am now your newest follower! If you want to check my blog out, feel free to stop by...we are open 24/7 although life sometimes gets in the way of writing a post!

http://thechroniclesofahousewife.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails