CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The First 5K That (Sort Of) Wasn't

Saturday was the big day - the day I planned to run/walk my first 5K.  Let's just say things didn't go quite as planned...

Friday night, my husband told me that he was way behind on his work for the weekend, and desperately needed to catch up.  He had errands to run and things to do, and he couldn't watch the kids Saturday morning as planned.  I texted my boss and told her I wouldn't be able to make it after all.  She suggested that I bring the boys - it's a family-friendly event and there would be lots of kids there.  Obviously, my boys are not ready to run a 5K, so plans changed a bit.

Bright and early Saturday morning, we headed to the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event.  It was so fun, although I think my boys were traumatized when 1,200+ women opened the walk by singing "I Will Survive" and doing Zumba!  We started the walk with the group, then doubled back at around the half-mile point, when my youngest started to tire out.  We headed back to the start/finish line and cheered on our team as they crossed the finish line.  Even though it didn't work out as planned, it was fun.  Best of all, my oldest son is already wanting to go back next year and walk the whole thing.  (BTW - My boss took some great pictures - I'll post some as soon as I get them from her.)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails