CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Martyr Moments

I've really wrestled with whether or not to go through with going back to school, and I've decided that the long-term payoff will be worth it, but it's been a decision I've struggled with. Lately I've been having "martyr moments" a lot, and I've got to stop.
Martyr moments are major self-pity parties...like the one I had when I found out our family will have the opportunity to go to San Antonio in April, except I'll be school, so my hubby and kids can go, but I'll probably be stuck at home. I had a total emotional meltdown.
I've been a wreck since I decided to do this. It's been a stressful and difficult decision. I know I'm going to have to make sacrifices for this - we all are - but wallowing in self-pity will do nothing but make things worse. I've got to just keep going, trusting God and the decisions I've put so much prayer and thought into. My family will be behind me all the way. We have a good plan in place to get through this, and we can tweak it as go to make it work even better. In the end, I'll be glad I did this...we all will. It's an amazing opportunity I've had thrown into my lap, and I can't walk away from it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails