CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Goals


My summer looks a little different than most, because mine ends when my college classes start on July 11.  (By the way, my summer is Orofacial Anatomy, Histology, and Embryology...also known as the OMG class.  Rumber has it if you survive this, you'll graduate.  Fun, huh?)  I actually started on my list a few weeks ago, with a post called 9 Weeks to Get It All Together. 

1.Master the art of couponing - okay, I may not master it, but I'd like to figure it out enough to cut my grocery bill in half every week. All that extra money can help me pay for books and supplies.

  • I am on my way to becoming a coupon queen!  This is the goal that I'm doing the best on.  I'm building my stockpile, and I think I'm about to see my grocery bills drop.  Best of all, the whole family is getting involved - my husband and boys are shopping with me, helping me look for coupons, and finding deals in the papers and on the shelves.
2.Work through Sarah Mae's "31 Days to Clean" ebook - we're going to have to be super-organized to manage this, and I want my house ready.
  • This one's still a work in progress...a slow work in progress...with a lot of setbacks...but we're getting there.  I think.  Maybe.  Ummmm...check back at the end of the month.
3.Finish the Bible in 90 Days challenge - I am woefully behind, but I know I can still catch up and finish on time.
  • This one needs a sound effect...the sound of Taps playing softly.  This goal is dead.  I love the idea, and want to do this in the future, but I just have too much going on right now to give this the 45 minutes to an hour of daily reading time needed to accomplish it.
4.Read Ted Dekker's new book, The Priest's Graveyard, because he's my favorite author and it will be the last book (other than textbooks) that I'll be able to read for a long time.
  • Okay, this is the goal I'm doing best at.  Done. :)  It was awesome.  Nothing like a great novel about a priest/serial killer to make a girl happy.  (I'm so not your typical pastor's wife!)
5.Have a yard sale. It won't be very big, but again, any extra money will help. My supplies are going to cost double what I expected.
  • Not even close to being ready...not even sure I have enough stuff...we'll see.  I might settle for selling a few things on eBay.

6 comments:

R. Molder said...

Sounds like a very goal oriented summer with regards to saving money! Best of luck, I know you will do well.

Emily said...

Sounds busy! Good luck! Visiting from WMW.

Sarah @ Tired Mommy Tales said...

I've tried the Bible in 90 days before and plan to again this summer (didn't think to put it on my list!) and I have a really hard time setting aside that time too.

Good luck with the couponing. It seems to me its something you have to start slow and continue to build on.

Brianna said...

I've been getting into couponing lately too. It's a rush when you find that GREAT deal! Stopping by from WMW.

Meri Musingly said...

My oh my that sounds like quite the ambitious summer! Good luck!

Julia Ladewski said...

great goals! let me know how you like the 31 days to clean book. interested to hear what kind of stuff she has to say.

Related Posts with Thumbnails