We just back a few days ago from a family trip to Alabama for a wedding. We had a blast, and it made me think about past trips we've taken. We always have fun, and we always have funny experience s that we look back on and laugh about…even if they weren't too funny at the time.
• If you child gets carsick easily and you hear the words, "Mom, my tummy hurts," it's already too late.
• Carry a change of clothes somewhere other than the suitcase…which is under the stroller…which is behind the cooler...
• Carry a first aid kit at all times and be prepared for anything short of major surgery - if you don't take one, you'll end up really needing it!
• Kids inevitably need to potty at the exits with no clean bathrooms.
• When you get out of the car to let you child potty beside the road (see above), be careful where you stand…make sure its not on top of a fire ant mound.
• Portable DVD players rival the light bulb as the greatest invention of all time…at least for traveling families.
• No matter how many belts, shoes, socks, etc., your children own, you will not be able to find the items you need the most while you're packing.
Ah, the joys of traveling with children!