My boys love helping me make this easy, super-yummy recipe. It's a lot like bread pudding, but creamier. We love it for breakfast, but it would also make a great dessert. I found the recipe while watching Giada on the Food Network one day, but I've wasn't able to find it on their website...
• 2 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp honey
• 4 large eggs, beaten lightly
• 1/2 c. ricotta
• 3 tbsp sugar
• 1 c. milk
• 1/4 c. orange juice
• 4 slices thick day old bread, such as French bread, torn into pieces
• 1 pkg frozen mixed berries, drained
1. Melt together honey and butter; set aside.
2. Mix eggs, ricotta, and sugar.
3. Add milk, juice, butter/honey mix; mix well.
4. Stir in bread pieces.
5. Add frozen berries and mix in.
6. Pour into baking dish, cover in plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, up to 24.
7. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.