This is a great recipe for leftover chicken! Plan ahead and use some leftovers for this easy meal. This was found in a Paula Deen magazine...you can't go wrong with anything she puts together!
• 4 tablespoons butter, divided
• 1/3 cup minced red bell pepper
• 1/3 cup minced celery
• 1/4 cup minced onion
• 3 cups cooked chicken
• 1 3/4 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. In a small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat; add red pepper, celery, onion, and cook until tender.
2. In a large bowl, combine chicken, panko, and red bell pepper mixture; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt.
4. Add to chicken mixture, tossing gently to combine.
5. Form mixture into 10 patties.
6. In a large skillet, mix remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat and cook chicken cakes 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned.