CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 11, 2011

When You're Running on Empty

When I first decided to start the series Working with Delight, I posted a question on Twitter about the issues Christian working moms deal with most.  Two issues came up over and  over - time management and exhaustion.

Being a mom is exhausting work from day one.  The sleepless nights, sleeping only two or three hours at a time, is draining.  I kept thinking that as my kids got older, the sleep deprivation would ease up.  It did, to an extent, but when I went back to work, it returned with a vengance.  Suddenly there were not enough hours in a day to get everything done.  I found myself (Oh, who am I kidding - I still find myself doing this!) staying up late and getting up early, trying to squeeze in everything that needs to be done.

The exhaustion can be overwhelming sometimes.  I'm in the middle of one of those time myself.  With a family funeral (and a long trip) last week, Easter just around the corner (a huge stress for my pastor hubby and myself, since I'm the children's minister), and lots of prep work to be ready for dental hygiene school in July, my tank is definitely on empty.

When I find myself exhausted, I try to do little things to help.  I try to go to bed and get up at the same every day - even if I'm not getting much sleep, being on a schedule seems to help.  I also try to drink plenty of water - I often realize that I'm not drinking enough when I feel tired.  I would love to hear about your tips for overcoming exhaustion - click on the My Community tab to join the discussion!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails