CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Missing Piece - Hiding His Word

Bible study has been important to me for a very long time.  I enjoy it.  I've found so many wonderful writers and teachers that have helped me grow.  All the while, though, I knew that something was missing.  I wasn't memorizing Scripture.

It wasn't that I didn't want to memorize it.  I just didn't know where to start.  Then I read this post on A Holy Experience, and I jumped in with both feet.  I was so inspired by the story of Ann's grandmother and the legacy she left her family.

The change in my life since I started memorizing Scripture has been amazing.  I find myself thinking about what I'm memorizing, focusing on it, meditating on it.  Finding Do Not Depart helped me tremendously.  I'm finding so many great ideas and techniques to help me memorize God's Word, and the support I've found there is a great motivator!  I'm so glad I started making memorization a part of my daily quiet time.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails