CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I am so thankful for cooking, and for cooking for my family...for some people that might sound like a nightmare, but to me, it's something great, especially after after our house flooded in Hurricane Ike and I was without a kitchen for months!

I guess I'm something of an unlikely chef. I never cooked when I was growing up. I didn't even have any interest in really trying to. When I got married, my poor husband got the point of just asking what kind of Hamburger Helper we were having for dinner that night - it was all we ate! I literally didn't know how to boil an egg. When I finally got tired of that, I started experimenting...that was worse. Some nights dinner was inedible. But over time, I started learning what sounded good and what didn't, and my experiments got better. Now I love to cook and bake...if anything, my husband gets tired of me experimenting because I don't cook his old favorites often enough! It's relaxing to go into the kitchen, whip up something yummy, and hear my husband and kids say, "Wow! This is really good."

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails