CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 16, 2010

Manic Mommy Monday - Downtime


The last few weeks have been a whirlwind for me as I took my first ever summer session of college - anatomy and physiology II in five weeks. It was crazy! Now I'm enjoying some "downtime" for a few days until the fall semester starts. It's not a lot of time, and it's not completely time off (I'm still working and teaching my class at church) but just being out of school is definitely relaxing for me.

Downtime means a lot to me these days, since it comes much less often than it used to. I've learned how important it is for me relax.  I can juggle a lot, and I can push myself pretty hard, but I learned the hard way how far is too far and when I need to put on the breaks and unwind a little.

I only have a week left until my fall classes start, but I'm trying to sqeeze some reading (Obsessed, by my favorite author, Ted Dekker, as well as one that's been on my list for a while, Same Kind of Different as Me).  I'm also planning on finishing up some projects I started months ago at our church, and bringing some order to our chaotic master bedroom...it seems to be the place where items that don't have a home land.  Of course, my biggest goal is to spend a little extra time with my husband and kids this week, too.  Hanging out with my family is my favorite way to spend my downtime!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm just wrapping up my "down time" and preparing for chaos as I go back to work, my kids go back to school and fall sports consume our other hours. I need to really focus on balance :)

Tammy P. said...

Wow, A&P II in the summer!! Like my taking the grad level stats course. :P

Enjoy your down time; you deserve it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails