CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 13, 2010

Home: The Final Frontier?


It's wild, untamed, and sometimes dangerous.  The unknown lurks around every corner.  To find what you're searching for may take hours, even days.  It can be a no man's land at time.  It's...my house.

Let's just say that I'm...domestically challenged.  On paper, I'm very organized - off paper, not so much.  By the end of a day spent juggling family, work, school, and more, my house gets pushed to the back burner.  But all that changed last week...I've decided that I'm sick and tired of our chaotic house, so I decided it was time for a change. 

I blogged Friday about two websites that I've used on and off for years joining forces - FlyLady and Cozi.  When I saw their big announcement, and heard about how the new Cozi calendar would work with FlyLady, I knew I had found my answer.  I've tried FlyLady's system before, and it works.  It helped me when my kids were younger and I was staying at home, then somewhere along the way, I let it all slide.  Now, with everything I need on one calendar, in one place (on my Droid X thanks to the new Cozi app!), I have no excuses.

I can already tell a difference - not a huge difference, but a difference nonetheless.  I know it's going to take time.  I'm starting my family on new routines, one at a time.  Right now I'm teaching my kids to spend 15 minutes each night cleaning up - putting up clothes, gathering up their toys and school supplies from wherever they've wandered to during the day, etc.

From what other students have told me, I don't know what stress is until I've actually started the dental hygiene program, so I want my house organized and my routines in place before I (hopefully) start in July.  I'll be blogging every month or so about my progress.  I can't wait to see the results start adding up!

3 comments:

Dina said...

I share your need to crawl out of the chaos, two weeks ago I deep cleaned and decluttered my main floor, now I need to work on the toy room and office. It is something I absoultely need to do before I embark on some things in the new year.

Shell said...

Hmmm, I might need to check that out. I am really a horrible housekeeper.

Jennifer said...

I grabbed the Cozi app for my iphone at your recommendation last week. I haven't thoroughly explored the web site, but I love the idea of a calendar that will keep us all in line :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails