I will be the first to admit, housekeeping is not my strong point. Although I'm trying really hard (and doing much better, thanks to FlyLady) to develop and stick to a system, it's something I've always struggled with. Through the years, I've learned to notice a few signs that back me up on this...
- When you pick up the Pledge can and a dust rag, your husband grabs the camera and starts snapping pictures, saying, "I have to get proof of this!"
- You open a bottle of all-purpose cleaner and the kids start asking, "What's that smell? What is that? Are you cooking something?"
- The dog walks into the room, sees you holding a Swiffer duster, and starts barking madly.
- When the kids are putting their dirty clothes away, they have to ask, "Is this the clean clothes hamper or the dirty clothes hamper?"
- You require a week's notice before any company arrives or any major event takes place at your home - it will take every bit of that to get the house clean enough for them.