1. Did you have a pen pal when you were little (or now)? Where were/are they from?
1. Yes, I actually had a lot of pen pals as a kid. Some of them I kept in touch with for years, and one of them is now a Facebook friend of mine. I had pen pals from all over the U.S. and all over the world, including New Zealand, England, South Africa, and Yugoslavia.
2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?
2. Okay, some of y'all are going to think I'm really sick and morbid, but if I could do any job for a day, I would be a homicide detective or a criminal profiler. Maybe I've seen too many episodes of the The Closer or Criminal Minds, but its something that fascinates me…in a weird sort of way. I love a good mystery, I love piecing together the clues, and I can't help but think a person would get a great sense of satisfaction from knowing that they had helped bring justice to a hurting family. If I had the nerve and the guts for the job, I would probably gone into forensics or become a detective…
3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?
My biggest fear as a kid is still one of my biggest fears - tornadoes. I grew up in Arkansas, where tornadoes happen frequently, with little warning, and they can be very, very big. When I was in high school, an F4/F5 tornado hit my hometown. It wiped out a third of the town - not damaged, but flattened our downtown area, my parents church, a mobile home park, and lots more. We lived outside of town and had no damage, but some of my classmates lost everything, and six people died in our town alone. Thankfully, the only tornadoes that happen here where we live now are small and rare, but to this day I'm terrified of the things.
4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?
4. Ooooh, this is a hard one…what do I consider a waste of time… Ok, one thing has to be reading those celebrity gossip magazines. We have copies laying around at work all the time, and I can't stand them. Keeping up with the Kardashians?….I barely have time to keep up with our family, much less a bunch of spoiled, rich people with overinflated opinions of themselves.
5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?
Oh, wow, this is embarrassing…I have these shoes…my husband says they are the ugliest shoes he's ever seen, but they are soooooo comfy…and…I've had them…gasp...since college. Ewwww. They're gross, I know, and I really don't wear them in public…at least not often…but they are so comfy…I just can't get rid of them. Most of the time they stay in my prop box for kids ministry, but right now they are sitting in my garage. Don't ask me why…they're just there. And I still love them. I'm loyal to the shoes, no matter how old they are.