CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Exhaustion...

This semester is eating my lunch.  I knew from the beginning of January that this fall would be my hardest semester, but I'm still surprised by just how hard it is for me to juggle everything.

The classes are hard and require lots of homework and hours of studying.  I'm still helping my husband at our church-  we were there until 11:00 last night-  and I'm still teaching children's church-  although I haven't even looked at my lesson this week.  I have to get to the church early today to get my lesson ready.  Lots of changes are taking place at work...they are great changes, much needed changes, and I'm very happy about them, but it brings stress nonetheless.  Even my normal relaxation and planning times have disappeared-  I have to get groceries on Sunday afternoons now instead of Monday mornings.

It's exhausting.  My husband has no idea how tired I really am...I don’t think many people understand.  It's bone numbing exhaustion.  Its walking around like a zombie exhaustion.  The only thing I can compare it to is the exhaustion I felt after my sons were born, those first three or four months before they started sleeping through the night.  If I sit still for five minutes, I'm falling asleep.

Once this semester is over, I'll have a seven month break before the dental hygiene program begins...I can't wait!  I will need every minute of it to recover from this first year back at school.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I know where you are coming from. I was one of those exhausted students my last two years of college. It seems like you will never sleep again! I commend any woman who goes back to school while juggling the roles of wife, mommy, and church leader. I hope you get some rest soon!

Jennifer said...

I understand...I have been in school full time twice while working, and taking care of my family. There is nothing like that exhaustion. I hope you can carve out a few minutes each day to catch your breath and remind yourself that you're doing what's best for your family :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Being mom, wife, and student... amazing is the word that comes to mind when I hear of moms who are also students. I can't imagine juggling it with work, too. I hope you can get a couple minutes to relax soon :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails