CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Book Review - Green, by Ted Dekker

Thomas Hunter, the hero of the Circle trilogy, is watching his world fall apart. His son Samuel is rebelling, the Circle is fracturing, and the followers of Elyon are surrounded by enemies on every side. Many in the Circle are beginning to doubt Elyon's promises and question his ways. Meanwhile, in his sister Kara's world, life is also unravelling thanks to Billy Rediger and his quest to find the truth about the events that occured in Paradise, Colorado and how it's tied to Thomas Hunter. A final battle between good and evil is brewing in both worlds, and Thomas must race to save them both.
I have to admit, when I first read the description of Green and the fact that it's both the end and the beginning of Ted Dekker's Circle novels, I wondered how he would pull that off. In a way that only Dekker can, this book truly can be a starting point or an ending. Personally, I would read it as the end of the books, because it also ties up a lot of loose ends and fully brings together both the Circle novels and the Paradise novels. This book is great! I have to admit, the switching back and forth of the settings can be a little confusing at first, but it's all tied together well at the end. The symbolism is unmistakable - I actually found myself reading the last few chapters with tears in my eyes. This book is a must read for any fans of Dekker's Circle and Paradise novels!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails