CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Books That Changed My Life

I love to read, and I've read a lot of really good books over the years. There are a few, though, that stand out as books that really influenced me and changed my way of thinking - I can honestly say that these books changed my life.

1. A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George
This was one of the first books I read as a newlywed...a newlywed who was completely clueless about marriage, managing a home, and pretty much everything else about real life. It helped me so much! It's especially a great book for new Christians or newly weds.

2. The Power of a Praying Wife
3. The Power of a Praying Parent
4. The Power of a Praying Woman all by Stormie Omartian


These books absolutely revolutionized my prayer life! Each book suggests 30 areas of prayer, along with Scripture references and personal stories from the author. These are a must own!

5. Believing God by Beth Moore

The whole focus of this book is that as Christians, we believe in God, but how much do we really believe God and His promises? It really challenged my thinking - awesome book!

6. Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer

Most people don't know that I fought a very long and difficult battle with fear for years. There was a point in my life when fear had almost crippled me - I was afraid for my husband to even drive to the store. It took a long to overcome that fear, and I'm convinced that I would never have won that battle without this book. It helped me tremendously!

7. Taking Care of the Me in Mommy by Lisa Welchel

I picked this book up on the bargain shelf at a Christian bookstore, not realizing just how much of a bargain I was getting! This book is full of practical ideas for so many areas of life. I have used ideas from it for menu planning, grocery shopping, chore charts, Scripture memory and more. I find myself turning to it over and over again. Lisa's website is full of charts and examples mentioned in the book, including the best idea I've ever seen for a prayer journal. I tweaked her idea slightly and created my own prayer journal from it.

8. How to Study Your Bible  by Kay Arthur

Kay Arthur's Bible study plan is the best I've ever found for personal Bible study, and I've tried a lot of them! What I love the most about it is the fact that she encourages you to dig into God's Word for yourself and not just take someone else's word for it. I believe so many Christians would be so much stronger and so much more grounded in their faith if they would do that! Doing inductive study will make the Bible more real, more interesting, and more alive for you than ever before.

3 comments:

SweetWICK said...

Great reads! Here's a book that might spark your interest: The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews...very moving. Good Luck!

Amanda said...

I read his book "The Noticer" and really enjoyed it. I'll put "The Traveler's Gift" on my list. Thanks!

Amber said...

I love this list!! I currently am doing the Beth Moore "Believing God" study and I have the Elizabeth George book on my "to read list"
Also, the Lisa Welchel "me" book (the real name slips my mind) I have also started reading and flipped through getting lots of great ideas from.
Thanks for more books to look in to - it looks like we have very similar taste

Related Posts with Thumbnails